Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

So, this post doesn't even have a photo of Nate in it & it is Father's Day. He is still sleeping. He had a big call at the end of his nite last nite and he ended up having to stay almost 2.5 hours later than normal so he wasn't home til after 4am this am. The kids and I have been talkin' all about Daddy's Day & Daddy in general & Chloe said "take a picture, mommy" so I thought I would post a photo of the kids at breakfast this am in honor of the BEST husband & father...Nathan. Here's to you, babe, you are such a blessing to us. We pray for you always & thank Jesus for your tender, provider heart. The love you shower upon us is bountiful, wonderful, & truly priceless. Words can not express how much you mean to us, to this family. We love you. The kids just light up in your presence & I am still amazed at how I love you even more deeply today than the day of our wedding. Wow, this is mushier than I thought. So, let me end this post with this thought (which is not mine, but our Lord's) as was spoken at our marriage ceremony & I thank you, Nathan, that this commitment is stronger in our marriage today than on our wedding day & that the strength of this commitment has bubbled over to a commitment to our children (snif, snif):
A Husband's/Father's Love
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."
1 Corinthians 4-8a


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is also a wonderful son.

Anonymous said...

OK. How can anyone ask for a better daughter-in-law and wife and mother. Thank you, Kristi, for loving my son so much!!!!
I love you. Julie