Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Almost...

So, we almost had the baby yesterday. I had a doc app in the am and my bp was a little high. Everything else was just fine, but since I had hypertension with Chloe my doc did not want to take any chances. First, he sent me down the hall to the NST (non-stress test) room where they had me & the baby on monitors checking my bp & the baby's heart rate and any contractions I was having. My bp came down, just not enough to satisfy my doc and I was showing that I was having consistant contractions. He sent me directly to the hospital labor & delivery. I called Nate at work & he immediately left to meet me at the hospital. I was so thankful that my Mom was with me (she had been watching Chloe while I was supposed to just have a quick doc app...ha!) Anyways, we drove to the hospital where my mom took care of the Chlo-meister & I was admitted (Nate by my side) to have a 4 hour testing process (glorified NST). While I was there they monitored many different bp's of mine (which started out just barely high & then became completely normal & stayed that way, thankgoodness), they took 2 vials of my blood & tested my platelet count (to see how well I clot) as well as my kidney functions (they were worried about pre-eclampsia with high bp so they test for kidney function to make sure all is in proper working order). They also gave me a physical to see if I was dilating or effacing any, checked my heart & lungs, did an ultrasound to check on my amniotic fluid level & also had me & the baby on the monitors to test for his heart rate & any contractions I was having. All the testing turned out to be normal & fine. I was relieved to hear that, of course. My doc even told me before he sent me to labor & delivery that he thought that they would do all this testing & find out all is fine & send me home, but he wanted me to go regardless. I was still showing consistant contractions 2-3min apart, but they are not strong (I can not even feel them) so they told me if they get stronger or last a longer time to come back. I am dilated to 1 and 50% effaced which is completely normal at this stage in the pregnancy. Nate & I just consider this to be a dry run. Actually, this happened to us with Chloe, a little sooner in that pregnancy though, so we just felt like this was par for the course...10 days to go if I make it to my c-section date.

2 comments:

Jason and Trish said...

WOW!!! Glad everything is good. We're praying for a safe arrival!!

Amybelle said...

We're praying for you and little man. I am looking forward to meeting him on the 26th. Tell him he needs to wait till then, ok?
Love you!