Thursday, May 05, 2005

Day One

Chloe and Kristi stayed in the hospital the first night. I couldn't stay, but could come during the very long, loosely enforced visiting hours. The first day Kristi got no sleep and I barely got any. Since we were up for more than twenty four hours, and I couldn't stay, I went home and got a little rest.

When I arrived back at the hospital, the first day of our new lives had already began. Chloe was sleeping peacefully in her crib next to Kristi's bed. I got to hold her for the first time, and help Kristi feed her. What a rush that day was. Grandma Julie, Grandpa Dan and Aunt Amy were the first visitors. They just ate little Chloe up and got to hold her and see her.



Then Grandpa and Grandma Britting showed up to visit. Cousin Hope, Aunt Dianne and Uncle Gordon came as well to see little Chloe. They all said what people say to new parents: "She's so cute!" and "What a beautiful little baby!" The only difference was, she really is cute and beautiful. :-)

I left the hospital to let Kristi and Chloe sleep at around 10pm. I could hardly pry myself away, but rules are rules.

No comments: