Thursday, May 05, 2005

Bear Cub

Chloe Kristi Traxler was born Thursday, April 28, 2005. That was one week ago today.

I gave myself a week to rest and catch my breath before putting some of my experiences down in words. I have since found out that it will probably take me eighteen years or more to catch my breath, so I will just start now...

She was born via C-section at 2:47am. She weighed 8 lbs 11 1/2 oz. and was 20 1/2" long. She wasn't breathing when she was delivered, and I saw the nurses and doctors take quick action to prompt her to take her first breaths. I was really worried about both of my girls at that moment, and I wondered what I would do if I lost them both. One of them hadn't yet taken a breath, in spite of being out in the world for more than two minutes, and the other was pale and exhausted on the operating table, with doctors hastily stitching her back together.

Needless to say, Kristi and Chloe both did good that day and my little bear cub is just as cute as could be.

No comments: