Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Loss

I am just posting some words this morning. It is always hard to lose people, and I thank the good Lord that my family is alive & well. But yesterday afternoon a deputy sheriff lost his life in the line of duty. He was part of the Rancho Cordova police department motor unit (riding on a motorcycle) and was tragically struck down during routine traffic enforcement (as far as I know). We did not know him, but, being a law enforcement family, it hits close to home & it hurts. He was a 43 year old man who is survived by a wife & 2 boys...and I think, what if I am that wife? How will I go on? How would I react to the news that my husband will no longer come home, no longer hug me & tell me that he loves me? and our kids? what about them? I have & will pray for this family as I do with all law enforcement...and I thank God that we have a personal relationship with Jesus. I know our place is in Heaven with the Father. If you are a believer, please join me in a prayer that God's will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. For all that we do & for ALL that we love & are yet to love & for those that we will not ever know but are called to love & for those that are hard to love but we must love anyways. Afterall, as Christians, this is our comission, to go & tell of the good news & to love our neighbor as ourselves (one of the most repeated commands in the bible). And if you do not believe in Jesus, know that I love you & I am praying for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristi I thank God every day that Nathan has you as his wife. I truly understand the love that you have for him. I also am well aware that he is in harms way every day he puts on that uniform. Julie and I pray for our kids our kids spouses and our kids kids. God is good and He will take care of us always. No matter what life brings we know as an entire family that we will all be together with Jesus in heaven. Hope He is ready for this clan.