Monday, February 26, 2007

Escape Artist

I heard a loud boom and felt the house sorta rumble, followed by some crying, last friday morning. I knew exactly what happened and immediately I went tearing down the hall to Chloe's room (I don't think you have ever seen a pregnant woman run so fast; Nate was close on my heels.) I found her standing on the floor in the middle of her room, crying, and I scooped her up and made sure nothing was broken or bruised (thankgoodness she was alright). I had a gut wrenching moment of pure fear that she had broken something on her body. I know it comes with the territory of being a mom and loving our kids so much. I think the fall just gave her a big scare. Nate didn't actually realize what was going on until after we got in her room. He was just running behind me knowing I knew something had happened. We think she climbed up the crib rails and then sorta fell onto her bottom once she was over the rail. She hasn't climbed out of her crib before, but now that she knows how we had to do something to keep her safe. We know she is ready for a big girl bed, but we don't think she is ready for the freedom a big girl bed would give her (she is still just a little too young). This summer will be a good time to transition her over to a bed from the crib, but, in the meantime we decided we would buy her a crib tent to keep her in. We have lots of friends who had to do this with their kids and we weren't sure about it at first, but it works really great and Chloe thinks it is so fun to sleep in her tent (it is like she is camping out!) So, here is a cute photo of her enjoying her crib tent.

2 comments:

Jason and Trish said...

Oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a little climber! That tent sure looks like a lot of fun though!

Anonymous said...

I love Chloe's face. It is obvious that she loves the new tent. Congrats, Mom and Dad...you made lemonade out of lemons!

Grandma Julie