Thursday, May 04, 2006

Our New Home


Here is a photo of our new home. We have fallen in love with it!! We moved in last wed, April 26. We were glad to be in before Chloe's b-day party since we were planning to have the bash here on the 29th (she turned 1 officially on the 28th) & so we got in just in time (we have photos to come of her 1st b-day party...it went really well & we had lot's of fun!!)

It has been nice to fall asleep to bullfrog noises at nite and wake to ducks quacking or birds chirping in the am (a refreshing change from city noise to say the least). I sit on our deck that overlooks the community duck pond & drink coffee each morning & slowly allow the day to wake me. Chloe does not get up until 7:30 am, sometimes later, & on Nate's work days he is off to work by 5:45 am so I am up by 6-6:30am & thoroughly enjoy this quiet time to myself. I get a lot of praying & my quiet time with the Lord in at this time. It blows my mind that we live here (it is like a permanent vacation with the beauty of the landscape & all the wildlife we see in & around the duck pond...including a beaver!! Not to mention the fishing...that is so cool to say that we can fish about 200 ft from our house & the fishing has been good.) I walk out onto our prop every morning after Chloe is up, fed, & changed for the day & together we feed the ducks cracked corn & bread slices. Nate & I feel so truly blessed to be here & are so excited to raise our family here. Not to mention that Nate is in heaven here with all the many projects & huge workshop to dream about them in. We will be attending our new church tomorrow nite for the 1st time & are excited & nervous all at the same time. God is so GOOD!! We are still in boxes and expect to move in slowly, but that is ok. We are just happy to be here. Enjoy these photos...more to come later.


View of our workshop/garage and house from the end of our driveway (where the driveway meets our street...boy is that a walk. I get good excercise everytime I walk down to the mailbox!! :) he, he, he...)

View of part of our backyard & the duck pond from our deck...


Wildflowers on our prop...Nate & his dad mowed our prop last week & left some of it unmowed because it was unnecessary to mow all of it & it is so beautiful with the wildflowers. We bought a riding lawn mower & that is a life saver when you have to mow prop. At least you only mow this prop about 2 times a year.

My rose garden near the front of the house bordering the duck pond. I love roses & I am so happy to have a beautiful rose garden!!

No comments: