Sunday, February 17, 2008

Mom Moments

I just tried going to sleep a few minutes ago & I was compelled to get up & write this post. You see, I had a mom moment. I am sure all you moms out there understand exactly what I am talking about with these moments & I dedicate this blog post to you. We all get tired & frustrated sometimes & pray "just some more patience, please, Lord" or "if I could only be a better mother, Lord" but, then He surprises you with these moments. You know, it's a moment of overwhelming pure delight in your children. A moment of when you happen to sneak a peek on a sleeping little one to find her fast asleep in her bed, all snuggled in with her stuffed animal friends surrounding her. You tuck her in, kiss her goodnight, tell her that you love her one last time that night, & you see her sleeping so peacefully & securely that your heart melts with love. Something wet is leaking on my cheeks...there it is, a mom moment. Or when a little one is just discovering his world around him & all he wants to do is find out about you. He climbs up on you & with his little, sweet chubby hand he seems to want to memorize your face & with adoring, smiling eyes he coos at you. At ME. I think, "this leaking on my cheeks has to stop", but wait...another mom moment. Or when, out of the blue, you hear "I love you, mommy." Be still my heart, my sweet little ones. What a privilege these moments are; so very precious. And yet, how much more precious is our Father in Heaven. What's this...a child's moment. I seriously need more Kleenex.

Eliot stands up all by himself now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristi, thank you for sharing your moments. You are a gifted writer...love, Aunt Joy

Anonymous said...

Kristi, I remember so well those mom moments. I remember when they would look at me like I was the star of their life, then they would tell me "I will never leave you mom" I will always stay. I sigh to, at those memories...blessed huh?
Eliot and Chloe are beautiful!! Love Chloes hair cut, I see some Nathan in her now. Sleep well, and enjoy your children. Love, Aunt Roxie